Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Plans for the New Year and Is it Lust or Love?

Do you have a lot of "intellectual curiosity?" I know I do.

So I get pulled this way and that.

This would be interesting to write about. No, this. No, do both.

I feel like I need to focus in and try to keep focused on one project or area until it is really on track, then I can get other ideas and concepts going.

To do this and to stick to it, I think you need passion for the topic.

But passion for a topic is somewhat like the lust you feel for someone you've just started dating. You really, really like him (or her), but is it lust, infatuation or will it turn into true love? Only time will tell.



And that's my problem. I am resistant to spending time researching, cogitating and thinking only to realize I need to start over, move on and pick myself up and start all over again. Maybe it is my journalism training where you get an assignment, do it, print it and move on to the next one.

Anyway, this is just a long way around saying I had a spark. Will it be an happily ever romance or a one night stand? Don't know, but stay tuned.

1 comment:

laceybediz said...

I can completely relate-- I was diagnosing myself with ADD the other day-- there are so many sentences floating around in my head and some many great things to write about...

I suppose that's the way it is for writers...

good luck on getting published

cheers
lace